Now Hiring-Campus Liaison
Jewish Voice for Peace is a national grassroots organization dedicated to a US foreign policy toward Israel and Palestine that promotes equality, human rights, and respect for international law. We are currently hiring a Campus Liaison to support student-led organizing on campuses around the country.
The Campus Liaison will provide leadership development and skills-building for student activists, support for divestment campaigns, develop communication systems, and assist in innovative campaigns to help evolve and strengthen campus climates. The Liaison will provide resources, support, and connection for existing student groups on campus, and will also help seed and support JVP chapters. The position will also include work engaging campus faculty and staff as well as campus-specific alumni to aid in student-led organizing.
The Campus Liaison will be a member of the Organizing Team. Responsibilities will include:
* Regular travel to support/train/connect with student leaders
* Participate in existing and expand the breadth of trainings and support currently offered by JVP to student organizers in SJP and other similar campus organizations.
* Support existing JVP campus chapters and the formation of additional JVP chapters
* Intensive strategy and logistical support for student-led divestment campaigns
* Serve as a connector and facilitator of resource sharing between and among campus groups
* Represent JVP on national working groups related to campus organizing
* Engage larger JVP community, including faculty, alumni, community-based chapters, and YJP (youth wing of JVP) in supporting campus organizing
The ideal candidate will have:
Extensive community and/or campus organizing experience
Commitment to JVP mission and methods
Technologically savvy and/or trainable(including social media, google documents, and Salsa (democracy in action)
Experience working in coalitions and as part of teams
Excellent writing and communication skills
Willingness to work some evenings and weekends as needed
Willingness to travel regularly
The is a full-time position and will be based in Oakland, CA; Brooklyn, NY; or Seattle, WA.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Campus Liaison in the subject line. Applications are due by November 1, 2013. No phone calls please.
Jewish Voice for Peace does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.