Now Hiring- Online Organizer
Job Announcement: Online Organizer for Middle East Peace and Justice Organization
Full-time. Brooklyn, NY or Oakland, CA.
Jewish Voice for Peace is a national grassroots organization dedicated to promoting a US foreign policy in Israel and Palestine that promotes peace, democracy, human rights, and respect for international law.
We are seeking a multi-talented online organizer with a track record of making an impact. Must be familiar with best practices and a range of technical tools, and comfortable working with teams.
· Create and implement email, social media and web-based advocacy and fundraising campaigns
· Work with organizing team to lead and implement online community-building and grassroots organizing efforts
· Maintain and optimize website and online campaign toolset
· Optimize campaign tools for mobile users
· Manage social media assets
· Maintain and upgrade blog infrastructure
· Implement and monitor test plans, metrics and analysis of mobilization campaigns
· Train staff and volunteers as needed
Skills and qualifications
· Experience implementing online email and social media campaigns
· Experience with organizing
• HTML, CSS, Photoshop
· Passionate about Middle East and/or Jewish politics or willing to learn
· Familiarity with online mobilization toolsets like Salsa
· Experience with Drupal and Salesforce preferred
· Strong design sense
· Ability to keep deadlines, organize and manage multiple priorities and details
· Exceptional communication skills, especially content creation
· Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and unstructured environment
· Flexible problem-solver
· Willing to work flex hours during mobilizations
· Extra credit—video editing experience
Pay commensurate with experience.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry.