About Jewish Voice for Peace
Through grassroots organizing, education, advocacy, and media, Jewish Voice for Peace works to achieve a lasting peace that recognizes the rights of both Israelis and Palestinians for security and self-determination.
Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP) is a national Jewish organization that provides a voice for Jews and allies who believe that peace in the Middle East will be achieved through justice and full equality for both Palestinians and Israelis. With offices in New York and California, ~200,000 online activists, Rabbis, academics, cultural workers, over 60 member led chapters across the country and an Advisory Board comprised of numerous prominent Jewish thinkers and artists, JVP supports nonviolent efforts here and in Israel-Palestine to end Israel’s Occupation, expand human and civil rights, and implement a US policy based on international law and democracy.
- Conducts global campaigns to defend and free Israeli and Palestinian human rights activists
- Fights McCarthyite censorship of debate and misuses of the charge of anti-Semitism, especially in the Jewish community
- Supports the growth of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement through divestment from companies that profit from the occupation
- Works in coalition with others including Arab, Muslim, Palestinian and Christian groups to fight bigotry and end the occupation
- Facilitates Congressional outreach regarding policy in the region
- Supports alternative Jewish rituals that include Palestinian narratives