Students around the country are calling for investor activism to address human rights violations against Palestinians.
On April 28, 2010, students at the University of California at Berkeley failed by just one vote to overturn the veto of the original student council vote of 16 to 4 to divest from companies that specifically profit from the occupation, but they helped launch a new phase of the movement for justice.
- A constellation of Jewish groups; (J Street to David Project) seeks to block any accountability for cruel occupation, Sydney Levy and Yaman Salahi
- UC Berkeley divestment vote; it isn't over yet, Cecilie Surasky
- Lessons from the UC Berkeley divestment effort, Cecilie Surasky and Sydney Levy
- UC Berkeley divestment website
- UC San Diego, where a similar bill was sent to committee
- National Jewish student magazine on the Jews taking part in this Palestinian-led movement
- University of California President Mark Yudof's statement on the recent divestment efforts at UC Berkeley and UC San Diego and JVP's response.
From Israel’s most respected peace groups and Ofra Ben Artzi, the sister-in-law of Israel’s current Prime Minister, to Naomi Klein, Rabbi Lynn Gottlieb , Rabbi Brant Rosen, Noam Chomsky, Judith Butler, Richard Falk and Jewish Voice for Peace, the list of Jewish and Israeli supporters for campus divestment from companies that profit from the occupation grows longer every day.
Download this 40 page document filled with notable statements of Jewish and Israeli support for divestment.
Growing Jewish Support for UC Berkeley Divestment from Israeli Occupation 4/28/10
Watch our video interviews with student supporters of divestment at the University of California at Berkeley.